What how significant is the influence of technology in separ

Go down

How significant is the influence of technology in separate service market?

Post by Lu_Song on Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:25 pm

The separate service market is highly technology oriented. How do you think this may have affected the outcome? What if the target customers are between 50-80, or 25-40 or 16-25? How will perceived performance or psychological risk, access or benefit convenience differ for different generations?

Lu_Song

注冊日期 : 2010-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: What how significant is the influence of technology in separ

Post by Erin_Lo on Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:05 pm

In my point of view, the separate service may mainly focus on customers of 25-40 and 16-25. Because in general, people who are older can bear less risk than younger. Some separated service such as internet banking or on-line shopping are followed by more safety risk.

Erin_Lo

注冊日期 : 2010-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by camille_girard on Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:15 pm

It's very difficult for some people aged between 50-80 to use internet and to trust internet company. They are not used to be online. It can be too complicated for them and they are afraid to do mistakes. The target for internet must be customer aged on 16-25 years. They are not afraid to use internet.
camille_girard

注冊日期 : 2010-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Lin_Chen on Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:50 pm

^I agree with Camille and Erin. Older people are generally like to do things the old-fashioned way. I don't think they especially would be a good potential target for online banking, or anything that is online.
Lin_Chen

注冊日期 : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Ho on Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:51 pm

Without doubt, the development of separated services is highly related to the development of information technology. For present situation, I think that the topic of separated or unseparated service might be a good example for market segmentation.

Frank_Ho

注冊日期 : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Ho on Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:58 pm

If we make market segmentation simply by customers who are skilled or unskilled in information technology, I think the key point is access or benefit convenience rather than perceived performance or psychological risk. For those who are unskilled in information technology, it costs much time and effort for separated service.

Frank_Ho

注冊日期 : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by chiaying_lin on Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:16 am

i also agree with all the opinions above.
senior generations are more conservative and less aware of new technologies.
The highly technology-oriented separate service market might be too complicated and trustless for them.

chiaying_lin

注冊日期 : 2010-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie_Tang on Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:24 am

I also agree with everything said above. Older generations aren't very familiar with new technology, and I think most of them don't trust that it is secure enough to do things like online banking. So i think that the target customers should be the younger ones.

Jamie_Tang

注冊日期 : 2010-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum