[POLL]informational or transformational?

Go down

1.What kinds of ads do you notice more frequently? 2.Which one is more impressive or effective to you?

8% 8% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
54% 54% 
[ 7 ]
38% 38% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 13

[POLL]informational or transformational?

Post by ChienWei_Lee on Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:18 am

According to your daily observation, what kinds of ads, informational or transformational, do you notice more frequently?

Which one is more impressive or effective to you?

(Please write your reasons~~^_^)
ChienWei_Lee

注冊日期 : 2010-02-25
年齡 : 29
來自 : Taiwan

Back to top Go down

Re: [POLL]informational or transformational?

Post by camille_girard on Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:12 pm

I choose the 1st one but it really depends of the product. If the product or service requires a strong implication from me (as computer), the informational ad will help me to choose the product.
But if the products is a daily product or if it is relative to travel, the effective ad will definitly work on me better than the informational ad.
I think it also depends on whether it's a product or whether it's a service. To choose a service, we usually rely on transormational ad because it's not concrete.
camille_girard

注冊日期 : 2010-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ChienWei_Lee on Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:02 pm

I have the opposite answer to Camille.
I choose the 3rd one.
For my point of view, most of daily ads are transmational to me.
They usually only give slogans.
I can't get any useful info from them.
For example, almost every Nike's ad is transmational: let a famous basketball player talks and shows on the screen.

I want to define it more clearly, even a transmational ad has some informational ingredients. Take Nike's example again, there are still some frames show that the shoes have air cushions. But it still a transformation one.

According to my life experience, I think the transformational ads(especailly TV ads) take the greater part in ads.
Maybe the reason is most ads' destinations are establishing brands.
A good brand should give consumers an image instead of providing products' data when their costumers think of them.

However, because I think the price/capacity ratio is more important.
So an informational ad can affect me more than a transformational one.
ChienWei_Lee

來自 : Taiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Chen on Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:40 pm

Even though I vote (3) , the situation goes different before you speak for "Transformational is effective" or "Informative is better".

Here's my point :

if the product to be advertised is more service-oriented, in order to convince consumers that our services is better than others, advertisement must be more "touched" to customers' heart rather than just briefly describe contents of services provided.

affraid
Ian Chen

注冊日期 : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Raphy_Liang on Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:17 pm

4 for me
I am more interesting in transformational ads and likely to be persuaed by the situation in ads if it's relevent to me.
As to informational ads, I will question the information correction sometimes.

Raphy_Liang

注冊日期 : 2010-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie_Tang on Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:39 pm

I voted for 4 as well. Most ads I see are transformational. I think the ones that are more effective for me are also transformational. I'd have to agree with what Raphy said above. When an ad tries too hard and concentrates only on information and facts, sometimes it will seem a little overblown, and sometimes all the information does not register. Informational ads don't try to appeal to you as a person as much as transformational ads tend to do, sending emotional messages that are understandable to consumers rather than just numbers and details.

Jamie_Tang

注冊日期 : 2010-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by MaoHung_Wang on Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:57 pm

I voted for 4, too. My point of view are almost same as above two, just added a little.

I will gather information after I decided to buy something, not the reverse. When I will learn information seriously, I am already decided to purchase that product, just choosing brand.

MaoHung_Wang

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:04 pm

I also voted for 4. The ads which include only imformation can't
touch my heart.

Roy

注冊日期 : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Eva_Berends on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:22 pm

1 transformational, 2 informational

Transformational ads work best for me I guess, but not without some degree of 'objectivity' (as far as that could be objective then..) and facts. Merely transformational wouldn't work for me, unless it reaaaally touches my heart I think that the transformational part does its job in creating a feeling towards the ad, and then the informational part puts things into perspective.
Eva_Berends

注冊日期 : 2010-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Lin_Chen on Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:29 pm

I chose the 3rd point. Although an informational ad may present important info about the product I would potentially buy, I pay more attention to what certain feelings are associated with the experience of using the product I would potentially buy. Because transformational ads create a sense of different emotions and feelings, they catch my attention more so than ads with plain information on them.
Lin_Chen

注冊日期 : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Ho on Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 pm

I choose the 3rd. In my observation, there are too much transformational ads. But actually I feel uncomfortable about transformational ads because they make me feel being induced to do something. I like informational ads because I just need information to evaluate those products and don’t need to be told “what to do.”

Frank_Ho

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie_Tang on Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:48 pm

But when you feel like you should do it, then don't you usually end up doing it? In which case, the advertisement would be a success. True it might try to force you into doing/buying something, but if they only provided you with the information, the chances that you are inclined to buy it is much less usually.

Jamie_Tang

注冊日期 : 2010-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin_Lo on Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:54 pm

I chose the 4th one. We can see many transformational ads in our daliy life, and I do think transformational ads are more impressive and effective to me. An ad which provides only information of the product won't attract me because it makes me feel boring and stiff. In contrast, a transformational ad helps me to get something emotional about the product, and the way those ads appeal to me is the "emotional" things.

Erin_Lo

注冊日期 : 2010-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by YOUNGJIN_KIM on Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:08 am

I will choose 4th one as well. Always better to be effective to catch consumer's mind and touching heart ads often influence the consumer's decision. personally, I prefer transformational ads rather than getting just fact and info~!! gives me more satisfaction after purchasing goods with impressive ads.Smile

YOUNGJIN_KIM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean_Huang on Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:32 am

I see more transformational ads and I think they work better. Transformational ads catch the attention of the audience, and leave an impression to them about the brand.
Besides, I seldom view ads critically, since if I want to buy something intentionally, I would resort to other sources of information with more detail than ads. Since I don't view the ads critically, I think those with emotional cues will last longer in my memory, and somehow works without being awared.

Sean_Huang

注冊日期 : 2010-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Lu_Song on Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:42 am

I think transformational and then informational is most effective. I think by nature people are drawn to transformational messages, and then they ask questions of how (how will it help me reach my goal? how can it make my life easier, better? etc) Thus, informational is then needed to answer the logical questions.

Lu_Song

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo_Kuo on Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:57 am

my choice is transformational and then informational.
Because in usual life, i spend just a little time to pay attention to ads, if the ad is full of products information, i won't get the point during my glimpse.
Therefore, a special picture or a slogan is more attrative to me.
And when i want to buy something, a information ad is helpful.
Nemo_Kuo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down